The Marlow Garage has taken the spread of Coronavirus extremely seriously and despite the relaxation of lockdown measures, we are still strictly following all Government guidelines – see section below for more information. Our priority is the wellbeing and safety of our clients, staff and colleagues.
We are pleased to be open again, albeit with slightly reduced hours and with a reduced capacity. Our opening hours are currently 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
As before, we are continually monitoring the situation and responding to the official daily advice. Please keep checking our website for updates and once again, thank you for your support and understanding at this difficult time.
Important Information about MOTs
As you probably know, the Government suspended MOT renewals for six months for MOTs due between 30th March and 31st July 2020. If your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT was due from 30th March 2020, the expiry dates were automatically extended for 6 months. For further information visit the Government website
With lockdown measures slowly relaxing, we have become increasingly busy and this is resulting in our diary getting booked up more quickly than usual.
We anticipate a high demand for MOTs from September with the first month of suspended MOTs becoming due for renewal. We don’t want to disappoint any of our loyal customers, and as bookings are slightly more limited at the moment, please get in touch if you would like to book your vehicle in for an MOT.
There is no obligation to pay now and the appointment can be moved if required with 48 hours’ notice.
COVID-19 Procedures Update
Now we are open again, the measures we have introduced go above and beyond the Government’s recommendations as we firmly believe that this is still currently necessary for everybody’s safety and to maintain our high workmanship levels.
The safeguards we have put in place include the following:
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 please cancel and do not attend your appointment.
- We require your vehicle to be dropped off at an agreed time. The air conditioning and heaters must be turned off inside the vehicle and all windows left fully down. Please ensure your vehicle is in a clean condition without used tissues or takeaway cups etc. inside.
- The keys need to be deposited in the secure key safe attached to the gate at our entrance.
- Two metres distance must be observed by everybody on our site at all times.
- MOTs are taking longer to complete and therefore we need your vehicle for a minimum of 3 hours per test but ideally, if possible, we would prefer it to be left with us for the day.
- If we need to contact you regarding an MOT result, vehicle defects found etc. we will do so via phone or email. If we need to show you something on your vehicle, we will endeavour to do this via Facetime or will provide pictures to be emailed.
- Our reception area currently remains closed to customers, and this includes the toilets.
- Usually authorisation for work to be carried out is given by signing our jobcards. For the time being this will be replaced by email or text message. We will need an email or text message confirming what work you require from us and the vehicle details before we can begin work.
- Payment must be made prior to collection either by card on the phone or by bank transfer. Depending upon preference we can either post a copy of the invoice or email it to you.
- We will call you once work is completed to arrange collection of your vehicle.
- We will require your car to be left for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Our staff will wear a mask, visor and new gloves. They will use seat and floor protectors in your vehicle.
- We have temporarily suspended all collection and delivery services and use of loan cars is modified. Loan cars need to be requested at the time of booking.
We have also been informed that anybody who has returned from a country which requires a two week quarantine period should not make an appointment with us during this time.
Like many, many small independent family businesses we have been badly affected by this pandemic and would therefore like to thank our customers for their loyalty, understanding, support and continued custom.
With best wishes,
Lloyd, Laura and the team
Vehicle Servicing in High Wycombe, Marlow and Maidenhead
Marlow Garage is an independent, family-run business that specialises in VW, Audi, Skoda and SEAT vehicles. Our expertise is recognised throughout the local area. We are proud to be a Which? Trusted Trader and a member of RMI and Trust My Garage. You will receive a warm welcome and our comfortable reception area has complimentary WIFI and refreshments. Our qualified technicians are always on hand to give you advice.
Very pleasant atmosphere. Very polite and helpful staff. As a lady on her own, I was really grateful – it will be the only garage I use in future.
Call 01494 459616 today to book your vehicle in for an appointment or find out more about the Marlow Garage.
Qualified Skilled Technicians
Our experienced technicians are committed to delivering a high quality service and offer advice. Our spacious workshop is well maintained and although we specialise in Audi, VW, Skoda and SEAT, we service and repair vehicles from all manufacturers.
Latest Diagnostic Equipment
Vehicle diagnostics is a highly-skilled technical service which requires time, expensive diagnostic equipment and an experienced technician. As we specialise in the VAG range we have the latest equipment for this range of vehicles.
As a family-run business with high values, customer service and satisfaction are paramount to us and we endeavour to exceed expectations. We are always pleased to receive feedback to enable us to continually improve our range of services.
Collection & Delivery Service
We understand the incovenience of being without your vehicle and offer a range of services to keep you moving. These include free collection and delivery of your vehicle within a designated radius, loan cars and courtesy lifts to nearby amenities.
MOTs whilst you wait...
After a lengthy planning and construction period, the shutter on our own MOT bay officially opened in January 2018!
This means we are now able to offer MOTs whilst you wait (in addition to advance bookings) and we have more availability on Saturday mornings too. Our MOTs are £54.85.
When you bring your vehicle in for an MOT we offer you an optional complementary seasonal vehicle check. We also send our customers a useful annual MOT reminder.
Keeping you moving...
We can arrange free collection and delivery of your vehicle from/to your home or work address within a five mile radius.
We can also offer a courtesy lift to the nearby Eden shopping centre or John Lewis.
We also offer a loan car service if you are over 21 years old. This is chargeable and costs £18 per day to cover insurance costs and 15p per mile for fuel. If you require a loan car please book in advance and remember to bring your driving license along to the appointment with you.
I have been using the Marlow Garage for over 10 years and have always found the service offered goes above and beyond what you would expect. Lloyd and his team are always very friendly and helpful. They give an honest opinion of the work that is required and always keep the costs as low as possible. An outstanding service and definitely recommended.
Unit 3, Lancaster Road,
Cressex Business Park,
High Wycombe HP12 3PY
Tel: 01494 459616