As an essential service the Marlow Garage will remain open during the current lockdown. However, with COVID-19 cases once again rising in our locality we have duly revised and updated our current safety procedures to ensure the safety of our customers, staff and their families. Operating a small business during these times is proving increasingly challenging and stressful so we would like to say just how much we appreciate your continued custom and your support in observing our safety procedure.
Agreement to the following procedure must be received the day before your vehicle’s appointment with us and records will be kept by us in the event we need to comply with the Government’s track and trace.
Our opening times continue to be Monday- Friday 9am – 5pm. Whilst we currently have all technicians back at work, we recognise their duties have increased and want to ensure that everyone has weekends off. Bookings can be made via telephone or by email.
IMPORTANT NOTE: YOUR COMPLETED ACCEPTANCE FORM MUST BE RECEIVED BY US ON THE DAY BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT. IF IT ARRIVES ON ANY OTHER DAY, IT WILL NOT BE VALID AND WE WILL HAVE TO REARRANGE YOUR BOOKING.
Our Terms of Service during COVID-19
COLLECTION & DELIVERY
We have temporarily suspended all collection and delivery services as we are unable to sanitise the vehicle as necessary.
PART 1: BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Please inform us of the time you will be dropping your vehicle to us this is essential more than ever for us to be able to efficiently plan our work and to avoid disappointing customers hoping to collect their vehicle on the same day.
- When your vehicle is dropped off air conditioning and heaters must be turned off inside the vehicle. The vehicle must also be left in a clean condition without used tissues, takeaway cups etc. Cars not left like this will not be worked on and you will be informed.
- Please ensure you leave the vehicle’s service book on the passenger seat if you would like us to stamp it after your service.
PART 2: UPON ARRIVAL
- Two metres distance must be observed by everybody on our site at all times.
- Our reception unfortunately continues to remain closed to customers and everybody else so we can keep it a necessary secure area for our staff. Therefore, keys need to be deposited in our new secure key safe located beside our reception entrance. In the event that a technician is not outside when you arrive please telephone the office on 01494 459616 or text 07525 255308 to confirm you have left your keys in the box. Please do not enter our workshop although the shutter will be open. We are keeping it open purely for ventilation and not as an entrance and our insurance will not cover unauthorised people inside.
- If you arranged to leave your vehicle outside of our opening hours you may deposit keys in the key box located on the post beside our gate. Please park to the left so that our neighbours can still get past.
- Please only leave your vehicle key rather than bunches of keys as we need to wipe keys with antibacterial wipes before use.
PART 3: WHILST YOUR VEHICLE IS WITH US
- Our technicians will use an antiviral treatment inside of all vehicles before they get inside. Even when they do get inside your vehicle, they will wear a mask and use new gloves each time. Seat and floor protectors will also be used as usual.
- As a guide we will need vehicles usually for a minimum of four hours regardless of the work requested as to fulfil all safety measures it requires a lot of organisation in our day and we do not want to pressurise our technicians.
- We will keep you updated with your car’s progress. If we need to contact you re an MOT result, vehicle defects found etc we will do so via phone or email. If we need to show you something on your vehicle, we will endeavour to do this via facetime or can email pictures. Usually authorisation for work to be carried out is given by signing our job cards but presently we cannot do this so will replace this for the time being with a phone call or email. Our phone calls are recorded. As usual though you will be advised in advance of the cost for work and work will not begin unless it is agreeable.
- Once your vehicle is ready for collection and paperwork is prepared, we will contact you to arrange collection of your vehicle.
PART 4: COLLECTION OF YOUR VEHICLE
- Payment must be made prior to collection and can either be made by card over the phone or by bank transfer. We are working on a way to accept payments through a secure link which can be sent to your mobile too which you can complete. A copy of your invoice can either be left in your vehicle or emailed to you.
- We have a shelter installed to wait under in case of bad weather and there will be a sanitising station for your use.
- When you arrive to collect your vehicle please call the office on 01494 459616 or 07525 255308 and a technician will come out and leave your key on your windscreen for you.
To confirm your acceptance of the above terms, please complete the following form.
IMPORTANT: We must receive your completed form the day before your booking or we will be unable to accept your vehicle.
The Marlow Garage is committed to ensuring the safety of our customers, their families and our staff and colleagues during these unprecedented times. Thank you for reading all of our terms and we look forward to taking care of your vehicle.
Unit 3, Lancaster Road,
Cressex Business Park,
High Wycombe HP12 3PY
Tel: 01494 459616